- 1.5 pounds of ground turkey
- I buy 99% fat free, but you can get the 93% one. Holds way more taste and dries up way less
- 1 large onion
- Yellow is better than red or white. If you have the patience, go for the tiny tiny indian onions! More flavor
- 1 small tomato
- Tomato is literally just for the top tier flavor, so use 1/2 cup tops. If you want to kick it up a notch, get rid of the skin
- Curry Powder – 3 Table spoons
- Most grocery stores sell this now. The hotness depends on which brand you buy. But, 3 T spoons is NOT too much. Go for it!
- Extra flavor, but dont have to do it if you’re feeling lazy or short of time/ingredients. Comes out pretty good w/o as well
- Fry onions in olive oil. Let is become translucent. Go past that stage and let it crisp up.
- Trick is to add oil drop by drop not all in at once. But dont bother about the intricacy if you dont have the time. Just fry it for 8 mins.
- Drop in the “thawed turkey” into the onion on Med heat.
- Turkey cooks really fast and you do NOT want to over cook it. This recipe is super simple, so make sure turkey is treated with love.
- Let the turkey cook for tops 5 minutes – add curry powder
- Stir rigorously so the curry powder gets nicely coated on every piece of turkey. I usually use 2 spatulas to do this so its faster and turkey does not get dry
- Finally add the tomatoes in
- Let it cook on low for max 5 minutes. Turn it off. Eat after 30 minutes!!! Email me how it turned out!!